Infrastructure of the XIX century
The first water supply system was built in Kazan in 1874, in 1875 the city got acquainted with gas light, and on October, 2, 1875 the first horse tramways appeared at the Bolshaya Prolomnaya Street.
In 1881 there was established the first telephone line in the city, and in 1888 the city telephone network came into use. Soon after the gas light, in 1897 there appeared electric lighting. And in 1899 the first tram appeared on the Kazan streets.
At the beginning of 1890-s there came into use the new train lines: from Moscow to Sviyazhsk and from Kazan to Zeleny Dol. It greatly contributed to further development of trade and industry in the region.
The railway bridge across the river Volga was opened in 1914. During 20 years, since 1891, the Kazan turnover of goods became three times as much as before.